1) Technical Assistance: As a part of this collaborative, participating corner store owners receive 12 months of mentorship (up to 5 hours per month) and technical assistance from Propeller, including one-on-one consulting, technical assistance, and the experience necessary to reach financial sustainability.
2) Produce Distribution & Subsidy: To address the issue of cost, the Healthy Corner Store Collaborative will directly provide participating stores with fresh fruits and vegetables. Stores participating in the program keep 100% of profits from this inventory. The collaborative orders produce from local wholesalers twice a week, a low volume, high frequency ordering model designed to reduce risk of spoilage and adjust orders based on demand.
3) Capacity Enhancement: The Healthy Corner Store Collaborative provides participating stores with critical equipment such as coolers, shelving, and fixtures as corner stores meet program milestones.
4) Marketing Materials: The Healthy Corner Store Collaborative provides corner store operators with culturally-relevant marketing materials to promote their new fresh products, including signs, banners, and flyers.
5) Nutrition Education: Customers are directly engaged through in-store nutrition and education sessions led by Propeller affiliates. Cooking demos, tastings, nutrition lessons, etc. are implemented to increase fresh food purchases and improving food-preparation skills for corner store shoppers.